- Written by NJ NEWS Jersey Reporter
SOUTH BRUNSWICK, N.J.--GUARANTEED SERVICE reminds us that winter’s dry air, a turned-up thermostat and keeping our windows closed can wreak havoc on our respiratory systems. That is why GUARANTEED SERVICE tells us that the best way to combat dry air and reduce our susceptibility to infection is to invest in a humidifier!
As a matter of fact, if you are someone who suffers from too many colds, it is definitely time to see how whole house humidifying systems can help!
- Sinusitis? When the air is too dry, our sinuses don’t drain and function properly. According to many Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT, Otolaryngology) experts, adding humidity into the air is a great way to improve our sinus health, especially if one suffers regularly from congestion and sinusitis.
- A whole house humidifier will keep our nasal passages lubricated when we do have a cold, or asthma or allergies, helping the healing processes especially when we are feeling “under the weather”! In fact, there are specially designed humidifiers for those who are affected by serious allergies.
- Humidifying systems can help to prevent or at least reduce the possibility of nose bleeds because our nasal passages are moist and lubricated.
- In fact, the moisture from a humidifier will keep our throats from drying out and many have found relief from snoring.
- Humidifying the air in our homes helps to soothe dry skin, helping our complexions supple, our hands and lips from dehydrating during those cold winter months.
HOW DOES THE WHOLE HOUSE HUMIDIFIER WORK?
DIFFERENT TYPES OF WHOLE-HOUSE (CENTRAL) HUMIDIFIERS:
There are several kinds of Whole-House (Central) Humidifiers for consideration
- BYPASS HUMIDIFIERS: These add moisture to the warm air from the furnace. These whole house humidifiers draw the warm air from the home’s heating ducts and pass it through a water panel. The air absorbs moisture which is delivered back into the air stream then into your home. Bypass humidifiers can be installed on either the Supply or Return plenum of a forced air handling system. For those who don’t have a floor drain, there is a Drainless Bypass Humidifier available. These drainless styles recirculate their own water, minimizing water usage.
- FAN-POWERED HUMIDIFIERS: These work the same way as a bypass humidifier but include a fan that blows air across the internal pad for increased water evaporation. Power humidifiers can generally produce a gallon more of humidity each day compared to the bypass humidifier. Power whole house humidifiers are perfect for homes built on a slab or with HVAC systems in a closet.
- Steam Humidifiers: These add humidity to the air by heating water electrically until it boils to created humidity in the form of steam, even if the furnace is not on. Steam humidifiers offer the fastest and most efficient method of increasing and maintaining the appropriate and comfortable level of humidity in your home. Additionally, steam whole whole house humidifiers deliver a pure, natural form of humidity throughout your home.
- LIFETIME EQUIPMENT GUARANTEE
- HONEST AND UPFRONT PRICING GUARANTEE
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- SAME-DAY SERVICE GUARANTEE
- ON TIME OR IT’S FREE GUARANTEE
- FIXED RIGHT GUARANTEE
& Written by
Leah Brown Klein
- Written by NJ NEWS Jersey Reporter
GLEN ROCK, N.J.--Retired U.S. Army Colonel James Joseph Meskill, Jr. died suddenly on Oct. 11, 2019, of a heart attack. Jim, Jimmy, Jay, Jamie relished the many roles he filled throughout his life. There were the personal and familiar roles of father, husband, son, brother, uncle and friend. And there were the professional ones of U.S. Army officer, Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent, attorney, and local veterans group leader. Each of these was an important part of his identity alongside his outsized personality.
These positions also offer a picture of who he was. First and foremost, he was a loving and doting father. He was also committed to his country and sought to fulfill a legacy of civil service at the most competitive levels, which brought him to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, the F.B.I. Academy in Quantico, Pace Law School in New York and the Army War College in Carlyle, Penn.
As a Special Agent in the F.B.I., Jim worked to combat organized crime, terrorism, drug trafficking and responded to the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.
He participated in the rescue and recovery efforts at Ground Zero and later conducted investigative leads and collected evidence at the makeshift morgue in lower Manhattan to identify victims. Jim also served as a senior member of an anti-organized crime task force in Budapest instructing the Hungarian national police force on conducting complex long-term investigations.
Additionally, Jim served as an Associate Division Counsel in the F.B.I. Newark, N.J. field office providing legal advice to agents and task force officers on operational issues.
As an active duty U.S. Army Air Defense Artillery Officer, Jim served in the Persian Gulf. As a U.S. Army Reserves Judge Advocate General officer, Jim led officers and soldiers who managed the complicated legal affairs of the military and its personnel. And as a former Post Commander of American Legion Post 136 in Mount Kisco, N.Y., Jim gave his spare time to fellow veterans.
Despite the serious nature of his career, Jim was an unapologetic rapscallion. He balanced the formal aspects of his positions with his dedication to humor, pranks and the absurd. He reveled in the element of surprise and thought a good gag was worth the investment of patience. Sometimes he would cook up something humorous, put it in an envelope, and send it to an unsuspecting recipient. Though he would not be there for the big “reveal,” it was enough for him to simply imagine the surprise and amusement that his handiwork would undoubtedly generate.
Jim was also extremely sentimental. He attached deep levels of meaning to old friends, customs of the past and any number of treasures from his youth--whether it was a scrap of paper from grammar school or the Tropical Turquoise and white 1957 Chevy he had restored while stationed in Kansas as a young lieutenant. He was also never without his trusty BIC 4-Color Ballpoint Pen.
Jim accrued recognition throughout his career, such as being awarded the Bronze Star for his service during Operation Desert Storm and a 30-Year Government Service Award. However, his greatest achievements were the friends and connections he made.
Jim leaves behind his daughter, Jacqueline Meskill; his father and mother, James Joseph Sr. and Barbara Meskill; his three sisters Barbara Meskill, Kirsten Meskill Tanas and Kathleen Meskill Blomquist; and a broad network of friends. He is preceded in death by his brother Daniel Derrig Meskill and a very special aunt, Kathleen Mary Derrig.
Jim will be remembered for his love for his daughter, his service to his country, his devotion to his parents and his many significant friendships.
A funeral mass will take place Thurs., Oct. 24 at 1:30 p.m. at Holy Trinity Catholic Chapel, 699 Washington Rd., West Point, N.Y. Procession to Holy Trinity Catholic Chapel will begin at Hogan’s Funeral Home, 135 Main Street, Highland Falls, N.Y. at 1:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the JJM Education Trust.
- Written by NJ NEWS Jersey Reporter
Alison Rocker is a second grade teacher who has officially entered the Miss New Jersey pageant.
SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ--Rocker is originally from Metuchen, a small town in Middlesex County. Upon graduating from high school, Rocker’s family relocated to South Plainfield and Rocker enrolled in Stockton University where she graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
After attending a makeup event in New York City and being approached by another attendee about doing pageants, Rocker decided to go for it. She went home and filled out an application, completed a phone interview, and has moved forward in the pageant. The pageant weekend runs from November 22 to November 24.
If Rocker wins the title of Miss New Jersey, she will compete in the Miss USA pageant in May. If she wins the title of Miss USA, she will then compete in the Miss Universe pageant the following year. Both titles allow winners to help charities and causes that are near and dear to their hearts.
When Rocker has downtime from her full-time teaching position, she likes to go to the gym (fitness is something that was instilled in her at a young age from her parents), cook healthy meals that compliment her healthy lifestyle, and fashion – particularly cosplay.
Cosplay is arguably Rocker’s favorite hobby in which she designs outfits inspired by characters and real-life people. These outfits are created by purchasing fabrics with the right color and texture. Rocker turned her basement into a sewing studio where her visions and creative juices flow best. She gets many cosplay ideas from the various drag shows she goes to and cites Alyssa Edwards as an idol. She hopes to be able to wear some of her designs in the Miss New Jersey pageant.
“Even though I’ve never done any pageants, I am very determined and I like presenting myself in a certain way. I want to be a role model and a relatable person that people from all over, including my students, can look up to!” Rocker proclaimed.
Sponsors are needed in order to allow Rocker to compete in the pageant. She is hoping to raise $1,400 and, as of right now, just over $400 have been donated. She states that donations can be of any amount and that, “any help is greatly appreciated.”
If you are interested in making a donation to Alison Rocker’s involvement in the New Jersey pageant, please visit her Go Fund Me page at:
- Written by NJ NEWS Jersey Reporter
SOUTH BRUNSWICK, NJ—In an exclusive interview with www.NJnewjersey, we asked GUARANTEED SERVICE'S President, Adam Belitz if he thought an annual furnace or boiler tune-up was necessary before the cold weather arrives. Adam responded “100% yes, regular maintenance leads to fewer repairs and can prolong the lifespan of your furnace or boiler. The reverse is also true. Neglecting proper heating system maintenance can reduce its lifespan”
GUARANTEED SERVICE provides comprehensive Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Indoor Air Quality services to handle all of your homes’ needs. GUARANTEED SERVICE is backed by years of industry experience, with fully trained and knowledgeable technicians available for you 24/7/365. GUARANTEED SERVICE serves most of New Jersey including Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Ocean County, Union County, Mercer County and Somerset County.
Adam added, "We have over 30 years of industry experience and employ only the best! We take great care of our customers and pride ourselves on ultimate customer satisfaction”
The Fall and Winter seasons are quickly approaching, and it’s time to be proactive with your homes heating tune up.
Adam Belitz, mentioned “At this point, it’s probably been 7 months since you last ran your heating system for any length of time. Can you expect your heater to run at peak efficiency once you need it again every day? To put this in perspective, let’s imagine that you’re about to drive your car cross-country. Your car has been sitting in the garage for 7 months, except for the occasional spin around the block. Before starting the long drive, wouldn’t you bring your car in for a tune up, an oil change, or even a tire rotation? You’d want to know that your car is running in top condition. You can think about your furnace or boiler maintenance much the same way. NJ’s winter season of cold weather means a long period of heavy use for your heater. Give your heating system a head start by making sure it’s ready. Or, you’ll run the risk of having lower operating efficiency or even a break down that would have been preventable.”
GUARANTEED SERVICE is reminding us all of the importance of a furnace or boiler tune up for both efficiency and safety.
Senior HVAC Technician, Joe Rivera mentions “GUARANTEED SERVICE’S technicians can detect small problems and fix them before they become big problems. For that reason alone, you will have saved yourself the higher cost and or bigger hassle of a repair service call down the road.”
GUARANTEED SERVICE understands and values that your comfort is a priority, especially during the upcoming winter season. Let their team of Professional Technicians provide your home with an annual Tune Up to identify and or solve any issues before they develop.
GUARANTEED SERVICE’S TUNE UP WILL:
- Ensure Proper Airflow
- Reduce Repairs
- Save Time and Money
- Improve Energy Efficiency
- Maintain Manufacturer’s Warranty
Joe added “All of the benefits of a Heating System Tune-Up boil down to keeping YOU and your family safe, maintaining peace of mind, and saving you money”
GUARANTEED SERVICE’S Heating Tune-Up even comes with a NO BREAKDOWN GUARANTEE for the entire Heating Season. If your Heating System breaks down after your tune up, they will give your money back to you, no questions asked.
GUARANTEED SERVICE’S HEATING TUNE-UP INCLUDES:
- Infrared camera inspection of your furnace and heat exchanger
- Check blower wheel for cleanliness and balance
- Test ignition system for safe and proper venting
- Test safety and control circuits for proper operation
- Test exhaust system for proper venting
- Inspection of blower motor bearings for wear
- Measure temperature differences-Supply/Return
- Test blower capacitor
- Inspect for combustible material around furnace
- Brush clean and vacuum burners
- Brush clean and vacuum heat exchanger
- Test furnace flame for proper burn
- Clean existing filters as needed
- Measure amperage and voltage of blower motor
- Tighten and inspect all electrical wiring
- Check for proper combustion air
- Test for gas leaks
- Inspect inducer assembly for operation and leaks
Lauren Marricco, Office Manager mentioned “Tune ups can’t stop all heating problems from happening. Yet, in my 15 years of experience I’ve found that 90% of heating problems could have been prevented by annual maintenance”
- Lifetime Equipment Guarantee
- Honest and Upfront Pricing Guarantee
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Same-Day Service Guarantee
- On Time or It’s Free Guarantee
- Fixed Right Guarantee
Call 732-305-4500 to schedule your Heating Tune Up for only $77.